You can’t succeed in digital marketing without creating compelling, value-adding content. And yet, just because you’ve amassed a load of content, that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re getting any traction from it. Content creation is merely step one. From there, it’s important to distribute that content—ensuring that the members of your target audience have a chance to consume your content, engage with it, and share it.
There are several different means of distributing your content assets, and some are pretty obvious—sharing your company blog posts to Facebook, for example. In this post, we’ll run down four methods that you might be overlooking.
Compile Blog Posts into an e-Book
Blog posts can seem a little ephemeral, even when the content is evergreen—but a downloadable offer, such as an e-book, can seem a little more concrete. Our recommendations:
- Assemble a few blog posts that are thematically tied—a series of posts on a similar topic.
- Go through them and edit out any redundancies—for example, calls to action at the end of each post.
- Write a brief intro and a brief conclusion; your conclusion is a good place for some branding and a strong call to action.
- Create a landing page where users can download your e-Book—and make sure you include some strong SEO keywords.
Generate Infographic Content
Not everyone’s going to have the time to read your blog post, even if it’s a relatively brief one—but infographics are quick and compelling. So, if you have a blog post that can be broken down into some bite-sized nuggets of information, consider going the infographic route.
Once you have a good infographic, there are plenty of things you can do with it—including sharing it via social media and email.
Turn Written Content into Videos
YouTube is the second biggest search engine in the world, so video SEO should be on your radar anyway. And video creation can be surprisingly easy; take some of your best blog posts, cut and paste them into video “slides,” add some music and narration, and you’re off!
There are some great tools that can enable you to develop this kind of video content, with no technical expertise required. Some recommendations include Content Samurai and Lumen5.
Don’t Forget Your Email List
It’s amazing how often marketers build strong content, but then neglect to distribute it through their email list. But if you’ve spent time putting a robust email subscription list together—and we hope that you have!—then that should really be a no-brainer.
There are different options here, too:
- Write a brief intro paragraph (100 words or so), then include links to three to five posts that are thematically connected somehow.
- Take a good post and edit it down to a brief 100-300 words—using bullet points whenever possible—and use that as the body content of your email.
Get the Most Out of Your Online Content
Great content is the cornerstone of any digital marketing campaign—but again: Content alone won’t help you. You’ve got to deploy that content effectively—and hopefully, the creative solutions we’ve offered here can help.
Driven2020 has the expertise to guide you through all stages of your digital marketing campaign—from the initial planning to content creation to distribution, even tracking and analytics. We can help you develop a content strategy that resonates with your target audience, ultimately leading to traffic and conversions.
It all starts with a consultation with our marketing pros. Reach out to Driven2020 and schedule your marketing consultation right away!